SCHOLARHIP APPLICABLE TO: Graduating High School Seniors in an FFA Chapter, 4-H Club, or Equestrian Program planning to continue their education in an Agricultural related field of study at the College or University level. Three $500 scholarships will be awarded this year in honor of former Kern County Sheriff Carl Sparks for his continued support and tremendous dedication to the KCSMP.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the following criteria;
1. Be a high school senior whose primary residence is in Kern County.
2. Students must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 or better.
3. Must be an Ag major, planned Ag major or an Ag related major.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: The application is complete when all the following are submitted;
1. The completed application form, including responses to the supplemental questions.
2. An official transcript of high school records (note: this may take days or weeks to receive).
3. One current letter of recommendation from your FFA, 4-H, or Equestrian Program Advisor.
Completed applications, including the applicant’s official transcripts, responses to supplemental questions, and one current letter of recommendation, must be postmarked no later April 8th 2022, and mailed to the Kern County Sheriff’s Mounted Posse at the letterhead address. Applications and responses to supplemental questions must be typewritten or neatly printed in blue or black ink. Questions regarding the applications or the process should be directed to Mr. Craig Jackson, Secretary, Kern County Sheriff’s Mounted Posse at telephone 661-808-4214.
SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants will be evaluated on a combination of GPA, responses to the supplemental questions, extracurricular activities, community involvement, work experience, means of financing their continued education, and their Ag related education and career goals. Successful Applicant’s shall be notified by no later than April 22nd 2022. Scholarship recipients will also be invited to attend a May 2nd 2022 dinner meeting of the Kern County Sheriff’s Mounted Posse together with the Scholarship recipient’s FFA Chapter, 4-H Club, or Equestrian Program Advisor.